March Council of Clubs meeting is
Saturday, March 18th at 10am
IBEW Local 465, 7444 Trade St, CA 92121 (map)
Thank you to everyone who attended the February meeting and voted on Club(s) of the Year.
This month we’ll learn about the new ACLU initiative – People Power.
Karim Bouris and Jamie Hampton will provide details of the
“Freedom Cities” Campaign: Resistance through Progress at the Local Level
Also on the agenda
- Appointment of two at-large members to the Club Development Committee
- Discussion of events around the county, and how to stay up with what’s happening
- Reports on powerful or meaningful events we experienced this month
- Data sharing of speakers / venues / insurance
- Short PechaKucha sharing of online tools and discussion of what’s working / not for everyone
- Short introduction to Slack (if you haven’t already – install it on your phone before the meeting)
Reminder to bring snacks you’d like to share before / after the meeting.
All club Presidents are encouraged to invite their E-board members, active committee chairs, and new clubmembers who want to share and learn about building Democratic clubs to change our country.
Notes from the February meeting are available here.