February Council of Clubs meeting is
February 16th at 10:00am
IBEW Local 465, 7444 Trade St, San Diego, CA 92121 (map)
This is our first meeting of the Year. We canceled the January meeting due to the Women’s March in North County and San Diego.
- Presentations from Club of the Year nominees
- Voting to determine the Club of the Year
- Appointment of two at-large members to the Club Development Committee
- Recommendations to the San Diego County Democratic Party (SDCDP) Central Committee for club chartering
- Announcements (if time)
Many thanks to our Club of the Year Nominating Committee chaired by Gary Bland, President of San Marcos Democratic Club –
- Sue Alderson, President Democratic Club of Vista
- Tina Rynberg, President LaMesa-Foothills Democratic Club
- William Rodriguez-Kennedy, President Democrats for Equality (and Chair SDCDP)
- Matthew Yagyagan, President of the AAPI Democratic Club
The Nominating Committee assessed four nominations for Club of the Year. Read more about each club by clicking on the link to their PDF applications below:
- Clairemont Democratic Club (PDF)
- Encinitas and North Coast Democratic Club (PDF)
- Escondido Democratic Club (PDF)
- Fallbrook Democratic Club (PDF)
For the Club of the Year award there is one vote per club, so be sure your club representative is present at this meeting.
Following our discussions last year at the Council of Clubs and Club Development Committee, we recommended to the SDCDP E-Board and Central Committee in January not to re-charter some Democratic clubs.
At the January 29th Central Committee meeting the SDCDP chose to delay the re-chartering of all clubs and to extend club charters until their next meeting.
The SDCDP Executive Board later received a letter from the San Diego County Democrats for Environmental Action. The Executive Board discussed the letter at their February 5th meeting and asked the Council of Clubs to consider recommendations for chartering that can be discussed at the next SDCDP Central Committee meeting.
Immediately following this Council of Clubs meeting, the Club Development Committee will meet to codify our discussions.
All club Presidents are encouraged to invite their E-board members, active committee chairs, and new clubmembers who want to share and learn about building Democratic clubs to drive change.
Reminder to bring snacks you’d like to share before / during the meeting.